Wednesday, February 25, 2009

classes and such

This past week I took my first round of classes for the new computer charting that our hospital is going to start using. I had three different classes..each was only 4 hours long; but those four hours were spent in front of a computer trying to learn how we are supposed to chart in the near future. I think it will be a little hard at first, but it will get better with time. Since I am a "superuser".. which means I'm supposed to be able to help others who are having issues with their charting... I get to take the classes twice. So, I done with the first round and in a month I will be able to take them again, and hopefully, learn even more! I'm actually at work now..I picked up a night shift since one of our nurse's family is sick. I hope the night will go well, and I hope I don't get too sleepy.

I have really enjoyed the weather we have had for the past couple of days. I got a little spoiled being able to be outside a little bit during the days instead of sleeping. I really wish the 40 degree weather would stay, all the snow would go away, and Spring would finally be here. Perhaps the cold makes me appreciate the warmth so much more!

This past Sunday, I went snowboarding at Mt. LaCrosse. I actually did very well in comparison with how well I have done in the past. However, I did have one semi-nasty fall from which my neck is still a little bit sore. However, hotpacks and ibuprofen have proved to be wonderful friends.

No comments: